2016 Honors Include Gold Medals for UCSF.edu Redesign, UCSF Magazine
UC San Francisco won seven awards from the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) in a regional contest that honors the best in communications at higher education institutions.
The 2016 Awards of Excellence – which highlight best practices across alumni relations, fundraising, public/government relations, advancement services, special events and outstanding communications – include two gold medals for UCSF. The awards are for CASE’s District VII, which covers Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii, Nevada, Northern Mariana Islands and Utah.
University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) won a Gold Award in the Special Constituencies Magazine category for UCSF Magazine, which is distributed in the fall and spring to alumni, donors, faculty, staff, students and friends of UCSF.
UCSF also won the following awards:
- Silver Award, News Writing, for “UCSF: Harnessing Science to Advance Health Worldwide,” a package of stories by University Relations:
- Bronze Award, Best Article of the Year, for “Blood Work: Scientists Uncover Surprising New Tools to Rejuvenate the Brain” by Claire Conway in UDAR
- Bronze Award, Strategic Communications–Public Relations, Media Relations, and Community Relations Projects, for “Presenting UCSF Medical Center at Mission Bay to the Media: A Triumph of Community Collaboration, Forward Thinking and High-Tech Focus” by University Relations
- Bronze, Fundraising Publication, for “New Territory: UCSF at Mission Bay” by UDAR
- Bronze, Fundraising Publication, for “The Future of Children’s Health: Investing in Pediatric Care and Research at UCSF” by UDAR
The CASE website includes a full list of the winners by category.
For more campus news and resources, visit Pulse of UCSF.