Strategic Plan Through 2014-2015
To be the world's preeminent health sciences innovator.
UCSF advances health worldwide through innovative health sciences education, discovery and patient care.
GOAL 2: Improve health worldwide through innovative science
- Promote collaboration and cross-disciplinary efforts within the UCSF research community
- Invest in infrastructure that enables UCSF to excel in basic, clinical and population research
- Lead and influence biomedical research policy at the national and international levels
GOAL 3: Attract and support the most talented and diverse trainees in the health sciences
- Increase professional and graduate student financial support
- Develop infrastructure to support new experiential, team-based, interdisciplinary learning models
- Create a learning environment in which our trainees thrive
GOAL 4: Be the workplace of choice for diverse, top-tier talent
GOAL 5: Create a financially sustainable enterprise-wide business model
- Collaborate with our local community on educational and economic opportunities and health enhancement
- Design and implement transparent and effective budgeting and planning processes
- Maximize existing revenue streams, develop new ones and continue Operational Excellence efforts to manage costs