Read a text alternative of the infographic below.
UCSF currently is able to meet one-third of the demand for campus housing, but is urgently working toward short- and long-term solutions to ensure that this is an affordable place to work and learn. Below is a map of existing housing properties, and plans under way.
n all existing UCSF housing, there are 935 contracts covering 1,487 people. Contracts are leases signed by individuals or families to live in a campus housing unit. Existing housing includes the following properties:
- Avenue Houses Students, located at Parnassus, which has 98 contracts covering 102 people.
- Avenue Houses Faculty, located at Parnassus, which has 20 contracts covering 52 people.
- 145 Irving Street, located at Parnassus, which has 35 contracts covering 35 people.
- Aldea Housing, located on Mount Sutro at Parnassus, which has 172 contracts covering 397 people.
- Block 20, located at Mission Bay, which has 596 contracts covering 879 people.
- Bayside Village, a leased property located South of Market, which has 14 contracts covering 22 people.
Proposed housing projects include the following:
- Proctor Site, located at Parnassus, which would provide 32 contracts for 32 people.
- Fifth and Parnassus, which would provide 45 contracts for 61 people.
- Millberry Union Towers, located at Parnassus which would provide 83 contracts for 83 people.
- UC Hall, located at Parnassus, which would provide 169 contracts for 212 people.
- Minnesota Street, located near Mission Bay, which is pending environmental reviewand would provide 706 contracts for 726 people.
- UC Hastings, located on the UC Hastings campus in the Tenderloin. It would provide 612 contracts for both UCSF and UC Hastings.