Recent cyberattacks have accelerated UCSF Information Technology to better secure the University's systems and strengthen network security across the enterprise.
Now more than ever, every person within the UCSF ecosystem – whether you have access to protected health information or not – plays a critical role in protecting our computers and data from external threats.
As a result, all laptops and desktops used for UCSF business (UCSF owned or personally owned) must be registered via BigFix, which is a tool that allows IT Security to track a computer to determine if a system meets UCSF minimum security requirements. If you have not yet done so, please install BigFix referring to the following steps:
1. Verify that BigFix is installed by looking for the BigFix icon on your laptop or desktop.
2. If BigFix is already installed, your registration is complete; no further action required.
3. If you don’t see the BigFix icon, install BigFix by going to http://it.ucsf.edu/services/bigfix-endpoint-manager
Please note the following deadlines for critical IT Security updates:
- August 31: Your IT staff must install BigFix or manually register all servers.
- September 30: Your IT staff must manually register devices with an “embedded operating system” (networked lab equipment; proprietary data collection/analysis equipment, temperature sensors, alarms, etc.).
If your team needs assistance, or has questions on the above deadlines, please contact the IT Service Desk at 415-514-4100.