## Media representatives are invited to cover and conduct one-on-one interviews:
* WHO: The U.S. Surgeon General Richard Carmona, MD, MPH, FACS. Dr. Carmona is a graduate of UCSF School of Medicine and former UCSF professor of surgery
* WHAT: Keynote address at The UCSF Postgraduate Course in General Surgery. His remarks will cover disease prevention, public health preparedness, eliminating healthcare disparities and health literacy.
* WHEN: 11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m., Thursday, March 25
* WHERE: The Fairmont Hotel, Grand Ballroom, 950 Mason Street, San Francisco, CA (415) 772-5000
* NOTE TO REPORTERS: The Surgeon General will be available for interviews immediately following his keynote address. To arrange interviews contact Craig Stevens in the Surgeon General’s office at (202) 690-6343.