UCSF will convene the Fourth Annual Leadership Panel on Diversity on Thursday, April 14, from noon to 1:30 p.m. in Cole Hall on the UCSF Parnassus campus.
UCSF Chancellor Susan Desmond-Hellmann, MD, MPH, and the UCSF leadership team will participate in a discussion on diversity, equity and inclusion.
The event will feature Marc A. Nivet, EdD, who serves as chief diversity officer at the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). Nivet provides strategic vision for all the AAMC's diversity and inclusion activities and leads the association's diversity policy and programs department, which focuses on programs designed to increase diversity in medical education and advance health care equity. He has dedicated his career to improving higher education by creating and supporting initiatives that increase diversity.
Faculty, staff, students and trainees may send questions to [email protected] in advance of the April 14 forum.
The April 14 event will be simulcast to the following locations:
- Mission Bay – Rock Hall, Pottruck Auditorium
- Laurel Heights – Auditorium
- Mount Zion – Herbst Auditorium
- UCSF Fresno – Room 135
- 654 Minnesota Street – Fox Conference Room
- 50 Beale Street – McKusick Conference Room, 13th Floor
Video of the forum will be stream to:
- San Francisco General Hospital – TBA
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center – Teak Room, Building 200, room 1A122
Supervisors and managers are encouraged to support employees' attendance and to permit flexible scheduling to theextent possible within the requirements of University business.