Open Enrollment starts today (October 29) and continues through Tuesday, Nov. 24 at 5 p.m.
Open Enrollment is the annual opportunity for UC employees to make certain changes to their health and welfare plans and to enroll/re-enroll in the Health and DepCare Flexible Spending Accounts. Employees also have the option to enroll in the ARAG legal plan this year.
Open Enrollment highlights and changes for 2010 are posted on the University of California’s At Your Service website.
Despite facing historic budget challenges brought on by the ongoing state financial crisis, UC has been able to preserve health benefits and control medical plan costs for 2010.
Benefits staff from the campus and medical center will be available for a series of Open Enrollment Help Desk sessions across the University. This will provide employees the opportunity to get brief questions answered in person either about Open Enrollment or the change in affiliation of UCSF Medical Group with Hill Physicians, effective Jan. 1, 2010.
The 2009 Help Desk will be staffed from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the following dates and locations:
- Oct. 29: Mount Zion campus, basement level, Outside the Café
- Nov. 2: Laurel Heights, second floor, Outside the View Café
- Nov. 3: Harrison Street, first floor, Conference Room 129H
- Nov. 4: Parnassus campus, Ambulatory Care Center Breezeway
- Nov. 6: Mission Center Building, first floor, Lobby
- Nov. 9: Parnassus campus, 707 Parnassus Ave., School of Dentistry Lobby
- Nov. 9: Parnassus campus, Moffitt-Long Hospital Café
- Nov. 10: San Francisco General Hospital, second floor, Cafeteria (rear section)
- Nov. 13: Mission Bay campus, Community Center Lobby
- Nov. 17: Executive Park, first floor, Conference Room 150
- Nov. 18: 220 Montgomery Street, fifth floor, Board Room
- Nov. 19: China Basin, Lobby 3
UCSF has launched an Open Enrollment website, which includes links to many resources for employees. UCSF also will roll out a new Open Enrollment blog, which can be accessed from the UCSF Open Enrollment website.