UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center and the Lung Cancer Alliance California present: “Lung Cancer - New Insights - New Hope,” a panel discussion with UCSF lung cancer specialists and survivors to mark November as Lung Cancer Awareness Month. Experts will highlight innovations in treatment and answer questions from an audience comprised of cancer survivors.
The panel discussion is a prelude to the eighth annual UCSF/UC Davis Bay Area Lung Cancer Conference, which takes place on November 18 at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco.
- David Jablons, MD, professor and chief of general thoracic surgery
- Thierry M. Jahan, MD, associate clinical professor of medicine, Thoracic Oncology Program and UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Lori Hope, lung cancer survivor and author of “Help Me Live: 20 Things People with Cancer Want You to Know”
- Joyce Lavey, lung cancer survivor
- Angie Lee Ow, lung cancer survivor
Friday, November 17, 2006
UCSF Medical Center at Mount Zion
1600 Divisadero Street, Conference Room H3805
Admission is free to the general public.
Please contact Nancy Chan at (415) 885-7277 or (415) 740-9745 (cell).
Interview opportunities are available.