* Tuesdays, April 6 - 27
* UCSF BIRTH CENTER ORIENTATION: Learn about the facilities and the practical aspects of arriving at the hospital when you are in labor. 5:30 p.m. Free. Reservations required, tours fill quickly. Call for current locations. (415) 353-2667. www.ucsf.edu/whrc.
## Lectures and Learning
* Thursday, April 8
* STRATEGIES TO PROMOTE HEALTH AND BALANCE: A noontime lecture presented by Lucy Fine, RN, MFT. Noon. Bring a lunch. Free. The Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at UCSF, 1701 Divisadero Street, Suite 150, San Francisco. (415) 353-7700. www.ucsf.edu/ocim.
* Wednesday, April 28
* ANXIETY DISORDERS: MORE THAN A CASE OF THE NERVES: A noontime lecture presented by Ellen Haller, director, UCSF WomenCare Mental Health Clinic. Noon. Free. Cole Hall, 513 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco. (415) 476-5222. www.ucsf.edu/cge/wg/programs/what/index.html.
## Classes and Courses
* Thursdays, April 1 - 29
* ASK THE PHARMACIST!: Weekly drop-in with pharmaceutical expert Zoe Ngo, PharmD. Cancer patients can stop by to discuss current drug therapies, drug interactions, side-effects management, herbal medications, and online resources. Free. 2 p.m. UCSF Cancer Resource Center, 1600 Divisadero Street. [email protected]
* Mondays, April 5 - 26
MONDAY MEDITATION: A drop-in meditation class for cancer patients and caregivers, taught by alternating instructors, Teresa Corrigan, MA, RN, and Brook Stone, LCSW. 1:30 p.m. Free. UCSF Mount Zion Medical Center, 1701 Divisadero St., Suite 150, San Francisco. (415) 885-3693.
* Mondays, April 5 - 26
* CHILDBIRTH PREPARATION: INTEGRATED METHODS: Class provides an overview of the stages and process of labor, breathing and relaxation techniques, medication options, variations in labor including cesarean birth, and immediate postpartum care for mother and baby. 6:30 p.m. $150 per series, with $30 discount for women having their baby at the UCSF Center for Mothers and Newborns. UCSF Women’s Health Resource Center, 2356 Sutter St., 3rd Floor, Rm J3-08, San Francisco. (415) 353-2667.
* Tuesday, April 6
* PROSTATE CANCER: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: Workshop for men newly diagnosed with prostate cancer who have not yet determined their surgical/therapeutic action plan. 4 p.m. Free. UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1600 Divisadero St., H-3906, San Francisco. (415) 353-7176.
* Saturday, April 17
* INFANT HEALTH: One-day workshop teaches participants how to assess the signs of illness, reduce exposure to contagious diseases through proper immunization, and respond appropriately to accidents. 9:30 a.m. $40. UCSF Women’s Health Resource Center, 2356 Sutter St., 3rd Floor, Rm J3-08, San Francisco. (415) 353-2667.
* Tuesday, April 20
* HEREDITARY ASPECTS OF BREAST AND OVARIAN CANCER: Learn about breast and ovarian cancer risk factors and guidelines for early detection. 5:30 p.m. Free. Pre-enrollment required. UCSF Mount Zion Medical Center, 2340 Sutter St., Lurie Seminar Rm, San Francisco. (415) 885-7779.
* Monday, April 26
* EASE INTO SURGERY WORKSHOP: UCSF experts will explain options for anesthesia and pain management for those preparing to undergo surgery. 6 p.m. Free. The Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at UCSF, 1701 Divisadero Street, Suite 150, San Francisco. (415) 353-7700. www.ucsf.edu/ocim.