The Campus News page features stories written for and by the UCSF community.
This forum provides you a unique opportunity to reach a broad internal audience on UCSF.edu. To create a robust, engaging report for faculty and staff, the Campus News page includes stories written by communicators across the University as well as links to news that is posted on school and department websites.
What kinds of stories are right for the Campus News page?
The Campus News page features stories that falls into four main categories:
Honors & Awards
- Stories about major grants or award funding. Because we’re unable to include every significant funding announcement, our criteria is generally at least $2 million and/or national attention (i.e. NIH awards).
- Stories about national- or international-level awards.
- Major UCSF awards, such as the Chancellor's Diversity Awards and Founder's Day Awards.
- Stories about new initiatives or programs, major appointments, interesting opportunities or policy changes at UCSF. Announcements should be of interest to a broad segment of the community.
- Obituaries for current or former UCSF leaders, or other high-profile community members.
- Human interest stories highlighting a person, team or group in the UCSF community.
- Coverage of high-profile, unique or milestone events on campus.
What about events?
Please use the UCSF Events Calendar, which has a feed directly linked to the UCSF.edu homepage and the Campus News page.
What kinds of stories are not right for the Campus News page?
There are many extraordinary and interesting things happening at UCSF every day. Unfortunately we cannot include every story. Some types of stories that generally don’t work well include:
- Regional, local, or departmental awards
- School- or department-specific news that may not be of interest to other schools or departments
- Non-UCSF sponsored events or fundraisers
- Opinion pieces
Please send any questions to [email protected].