WHAT: UCSF will hold a panel discussion titled, “What Now? Health Reform in the Aftermath of the Supreme Court Decision,” addressing the impact of the upcoming ruling on the constitutionality of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. The decision, which the court will announce on Thursday, June 28, is expected to have wide-reaching consequences for health care in America. The panel will convene experts from UCSF and UC Hastings College of the Law to discuss the legal significance of the decision and its practical implications for health care.
Media are invited to attend the forum.
Friday, June 29, 2012
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Toland Hall (UC Hall Building, first floor, room U142)
UCSF Parnassus Heights campus
533 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco
- Josh Adler, MD, chief medical officer, UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital
- Andrew Bindman, MD, UCSF Professor of Medicine and Health Policy, Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- David Faigman, JD, director, UCSF/UC Hastings Consortium, John F. Digardi Distinguished Professor of Law, UC Hastings
- Jaime King, JD, PhD, associate director, UCSF/UC Hastings Consortium, Professor, UC Hastings
- Daniel Dohan, PhD, program moderator, associate professor, UCSF Philip R. Lee Institute for Health Policy Studies
MEDIA OPPORTUNITIES: Media are welcome to attend the panel and speak with experts during the Q & A session that will follow. Please RSVP to the UCSF News Office at (415) 502-NEWS in advance of the event to confirm attendance and/or to set up private interviews.
UCSF is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care.