Nominations for the annual Chancellor’s Award for the Advancement of Women are due Friday, Jan. 15.
Three individuals one faculty/academic, one staff, one student/resident/postdoctoral scholar will be selected to receive this award at a special ceremony in the spring. Both women and men are eligible.
This award recognizes exceptional efforts towards the advancement of women at UCSF beyond the scope of an individual’s job, area of research, or student training. Individuals will be selected for excelling in one or more of the following:
- elevating the status of women on campus;
- improving campus policies affecting women;
- participating in career or academic mentoring for women;
- generating and disseminating knowledge on women’s health through research, teaching, and public presentations; and/or
- advancing the admission, recruitment, retention, and upward mobility of women at UCSF.
For more information about the criteria and for nomination forms, please go online.
Nominations must be submitted to the Chancellor’s Office, Box 0402, S 126, by 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan., 15. If you have questions, please contact Courtney Anderson, assistant manager, at 415/476-6243.