Incident Occurred on Judah Street Morning of November 1
Two UCSF-affiliated individuals were the victims of sexual assault between 8:30 and 9 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 1.
Both incidents occurred on Judah Street, one near 9th Avenue and the other near 12th Avenue.
In both incidents, the suspect walked up to the victim and briefly grabbed the victim’s chest. The suspect is described as a Filipino or Hispanic male, approximately 20 to 30 years of age, 5’6” to 5’7”, 130 pounds, with short black hair, black mustache, a long face and large oval eyes. He was seen wearing a T-shirt and either gray sweatpants or blue jeans.
Anyone with information regarding these events is encouraged to contact the UCSF Police Department at 415/476-1414.
UCSF Police remind members of the community these personal safety tips:
Suspects look for crimes of opportunity and certain personal safety measures can be followed to minimize your chances of becoming a victim. These are:
- Do not leave doors to buildings propped open.
- Prevent tailgating by closing all doors and gates behind you when entering or leaving.
- Be vigilant of suspicious persons. Call UCSF PD if a suspicious person is seen loitering on campus.
- Travel in groups whenever possible, especially at night.
- Avoid poorly-lit or deserted areas when walking at night.
- Make use of the shuttle and escort services.
- Stay alert to your surroundings; avoid headphone and cell phone use when walking or waiting alone.
- If you are walking to your car, keep your car keys easily accessible, preferably in your hand.
- If you feel you are being followed, go into an open business and ask for help.
- Keep emergency numbers pre-programmed into your cell phone.
- If you are faced with demands for your money or property, especially from an armed subject, comply with their demands in the interest of your safety.
Employees, staff, and students are asked to report any suspicious persons or circumstances to UCSF PD immediately and to dial 9-911 in the case of an emergency.
Help fight crime by reporting suspicious activity to UCSF PD immediately. For emergency or in-progress events, dial 9-911 when using on-campus land lines and 415/476-6911 when using cell phones. For non-emergency calls, please dial 415/476-1414.