UCSF Art with a Heart (full size)
WHAT: UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital is holding its first annual “Art with a Heart” benefit, featuring a collection of art created by young hospital patients, some of whom will be on hand to talk with media about their work.
All proceeds from the special art sale and auction will go toward the hospital’s art therapy program. Sponsored by Royal Motor Sales of San Francisco, the event will include cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and the unique kid-created art gallery, with some pieces developed specifically for the evening.
The art therapy program at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital provides a creative process for children and their families to communicate and better cope with their hospital experience. Art therapy offers a means for patient engagement, expression, and an increased understanding of the emotional impact of illness and medical treatment.
Thursday, April 7, 2011, 6-8 p.m.
Royal Motor Sales
280 South Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco
- Andy Hansen, COO, Royal Motor Sales
- Mark Laret, CEO, UCSF Medical Center, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital
- Kim Scurr, Interim Executive Director, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital
- Suzanne Yau, Art Therapist, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital
- Patient Artists and Their Families
Media interesting in covering the event must RSVP to Kate Vidinsky at [email protected] or 415-476-3024.