Open Enrollment starts today (October 25) and continues through Tuesday, Nov. 23 at 5 p.m.
Open Enrollment is the annual opportunity for UC employees to make certain changes to their health and welfare plans and to enroll/re-enroll in the Health and DepCare Flexible Spending Accounts.
Employees also have the option to enroll in the legal plan this year. Additionally, because of the new health care reform provisions, employees will be able to enroll/re-enroll dependents up to age 26 in their health and welfare plans.
Open Enrollment highlights and changes for 2011 are posted on the University of California’s At Your Service website.
Benefits staff from the UCSF campus and medical center will be available for a series of Open Enrollment Help Desk sessions across the University. This will provide employees the opportunity to get brief questions answered in person about Open Enrollment.
The 2010 Help Desks will be staffed from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the following dates and locations:
- Oct. 26: Parnassus Campus, Medical Sciences Lobby – Nobel Wall
- Oct. 27: Mount Zion campus, basement level, Outside the Café
- Nov. 1: Laurel Heights, second floor, Outside the View Café
- Nov. 3: Mission Center Building, first floor, Lobby
- Nov. 8: Harrison Street, first floor, Conference Room 129H
- Nov. 9: Mission Bay campus, Community Center Lobby
- Nov. 10: Parnassus campus, Moffitt Long Hospital, M 281 – Park Room South
- Nov. 15: Parnassus campus, 707 Parnassus Ave., School of Dentistry Lobby
- Nov. 16: San Francisco General Hospital, second floor, Cafeteria (rear section)
- Nov 17: China Basin, Lobby 3 (please note: time is 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.)
- Nov. 19: 220 Montgomery Street, fifth floor, Board Room
UCSF has launched an Open Enrollment website, which includes links to many resources for employees.