Chancellor Sue Desmond-Hellmann, MD, MPH, will lead a town hall meeting on Tuesday, May 18, from 1 to 2 p.m. in Cole Hall on the Parnassus campus.
The town hall is part of the chancellor’s ongoing effort to inform the campus and solicit feedback on both the UCSF budget for the upcoming fiscal year and ongoing efforts to improve operational excellence.
The town Hall will be simulcast to the following locations:
- Laurel Heights Auditorium, Sub-level 1
- Mission Bay, Genentech Hall, Byers Auditorium
- Mount Zion, Herbst Hall
- San Francisco General Hospital, Building 30, room 3208
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Building 200, room 1A122, Teak Room
- 50 Beale Street, McKusick Conference Room, 13th floor
- 654 Minnesota Street, Fox Room
- 220 Montgomery Street, University Development and Alumni Relations Boardroom
- Emeryville, Ernest Gallo Clinic & Research Center, 3rd Floor North Seminar Room,
- Fresno, room 118
- Sacramento, Auditorium
Background materials on the budget and the project known as “Operational Excellence” are available on the Budget website.
Specific information includes:
- The report [PDF] submitted by the Operational Excellence Work Group to the Chancellor’s Executive Cabinet along with the work group’s financial summary of options [PDF]. (It is important to note that the report does not yet reflect outcomes.) Accompanying the report is more information that is being used in the deliberations: IT Transformations Initiative Assessment, Final Presentation to the IT Steering Committee [PDF] and IT Transformations Initiative Assessment, Detailed Analysis by Scope Area [PDF].
- The summary that served as the Chancellor’s presentation [PDF] in recent focus groups.
Questions can be sent in advance to [email protected]. As many questions will be addressed as possible at the town hall meetings and others will be addressed in future communications.