A new imaging center for breast cancer detection will celebrate its dedication and grand opening today, May 13, at San Francisco General Hospital Medical Center.
Named the Avon Foundation Comprehensive Breast Center, the new facility is state-of-the-art and focuses on treating the underserved population. Images taken at the Center will be read on-site by UCSF radiologists who are based as SFGHMC.
Grand Opening, Avon Foundation Comprehensive Breast Center
* Gene Marie O’Connell, SFGHMC CEO
* Frank McCormick, UCSF Cancer Center Director
* San Francisco Mayor Gavin C. Newsom (invited)
* San Francisco Supervisor Sophie Maxwell
Thursday, May 13, 4 - 6 pm
* San Francisco General Hospital Medical Center, Potrero Avenue at 22nd Street. (Parking garage is available at the south end of the SFGHMC campus, Potrero Avenue and 23rd Street. Enter on 23rd Street).
## Media Invited to Cover:
* Dedication & Ceremonial Planting in the Carolyn S. Stolman Healing Garden Reception & Tour of Facility
Interviews with program speakers, health care providers and patients can be arranged. Additional information is available online at Avon 2004.