The public is invited to “Media, Message, Medicine,” the 11th annual UCSF Women’s Health 2020 Conference. This daylong event offers 24 workshops for women of every age.
* WHEN: 8 am - 4 pm on Saturday, March 20
* WHERE: UCSF main campus at 513 Parnassus Avenue
* WHO: 500+ women, UCSF doctors and researchers
* WHAT: Health screenings, chair massages, workshops led by leading women’s health experts.
* REGISTRATION: Registration is $65. Special fee of $55 for early birds and seniors and $25 for students. Advance registration by phone at 510-843-8048. Information available online at www.ucsf.edu/coe.
Workshops include “Yoga for Weight Loss” and “What the Upcoming Elections Mean to Women’s Health.” Throughout the day, UCSF faculty members will present cutting-edge information on a range of health subjects including hormone therapy, heart disease, and skin care.
At the end of the conference, participants may attend a performance by the San Francisco Girls Chorus. UCSF Women’s Health 2020 is sponsored by the UCSF National Center of Excellence in Women’s Health and the Obstetrics and Gynecology Foundation.
NOTE TO REPORTERS: Media are invited to cover or attend for background. Interviews can be arranged with speakers and with Conference Director Deborah Kamali, MD, of the UCSF National Center of Excellence in Women’s Health. Call Eve Harris in the UCSF News Office at 415-885-7277 or page her at 415-719-5906.