The UCSF LGBT Resource Center invites the community to a Day of Remembrance for those lost due to transphobia and violence.
Nov. 20 marks International Transgender Day of Remembrance, an annual event designed to memorialize lost loved ones and raise public awareness of hate crimes against transgender people.
UCSF will be participating in the memorial with a community panel and a reading of names of people lost this year. The event will be held at the Parnassus campus in the City Lights Room in Millberry Union from 12 to 1 p.m. If you would like to have a name included in the reading contact email@example.com by Wednesday, Nov. 20, at 10 a.m.
For those who would like to participate but are unable to attend, Transgender Day of Remembrance stickers will be available at various locations to acknowledge this day.
Stickers will be available at the following sites:
- Parnassus: Front Desk at Main Library OR Multicultural Resource Center (MU123W)
- Mission Bay: Student Resource Center at Mission Bay (near Publico Taqueria)
- SFGH: SFGH Wellness Center (2nd floor, Main Hospital Building across from the Cafeteria)
- AHP: Front Desk of 1930 Market
- MCB: On the shelf in the lobby to the left of the elevators where you can also pick up the B.A.R and other materials
- Beale Street/GHS: Reception areas of 12th and 13th floor
- Mt Zion: Blue table outside the Women's Resource Center on the 1st floor of the Women's Health Center (2356 Sutter). *Mt Zion has also identified the Meditation Room as a safe space to The Meditation Room is located in the main lobby of the medical center at 1600 Divisadero St., behind the front desk
- Laurel Heights: 2nd Floor Tables outside of The View Café
- 220 Montgomery: "The Hub"/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- China Basin/Minnesota Street: Contact email@example.com