UC San Francisco Chancellor Susan Desmond-Hellmann, MD, MPH, will recap top highlights of the past year and recognize outstanding contributions to UCSF when she delivers the State of the University Address on Tuesday, Sept. 24.
Members of the UCSF community are invited to hear the address to be presented live in Cole Hall Auditorium on the Parnassus campus and streamed live on the web.
State of the University 2013
Tuesday, Sept. 24
Cole Hall Auditorium
Watch the live webcast here.
The annual event is a time for the University to celebrate accomplishments, reflect on the challenges, hear about what UCSF is doing and what they can do to address them as UCSF plans for the future.
This year, Desmond-Hellmann will take the opportunity to recognize people – one of her top priorities – whose passion, drive and innovation make UCSF a highly rated university and academic medical center. She will call out individuals and teams for extraordinary contributions to patient care, research and education.
This is Desmond-Hellmann’s fourth year as chancellor, since becoming the first woman to take the helm of the university exclusively focused on health in August 2009.
Among other topics that the chancellor will address are:
- Next steps in planning for the future of UCSF after successfully engaging more than 2,500 people in the online game UCSF2025;
- The progress made in the University’s branding initiative, which aims to ensure members of the community can tell and take pride in the distinctive story of UCSF;
- UCSF’s leadership in the emerging field of precision medicine, which promises to transform health through targeted therapies;
- Exciting developments in the clinical enterprise, including the growing use of digital and mobile technology to improve care; and
- Innovations in health sciences education, including the launch of the first online master’s degree program.