If you have expertise related to one of the strategies listed below, and have an idea for a project or initiative that will help us achieve our goals, we'd like to hear about it. Please read about our plan to develop key tactics, then scroll over and click on a strategy to submit your idea. It's that easy.
What are tactics?
Tactics are specific, measurable projects and initiatives which, if successfully implemented, will move UCSF closer to achieving our five goals and realizing our vision of becoming the world's preeminent health sciences innovator.
How many tactics will there be?
Each strategy will be supported by up to three tactics. Although many important initiatives will be taking place throughout the University over the next three years, the number of tactics selected for this plan will be limited to those that are high-impact, enterprise-wide and aligned with our strategies.
When will the tactics be finalized?
The Chancellor's Executive Cabinet (CEC) will approve a final list of tactics by March 31, 2012. These will then be communicated to the campus. Progress towards them will be tracked at the CEC on a regular basis and the Chancellor will share updates through this website and other communication channels.
How can I submit an idea for a tactic to be included in this plan?
We want to hear from you. Make sure that your idea meets the following criteria in order to be considered:
- Be linked directly to one or more of the strategies
- Be specific and measurable
- Be high-impact
- Be enterprise-wide (tactics specific to a school or department may be considered for inclusion in your school or department's goals but will not be considered for the UCSF 2014-15 Plan)
- Be achievable within the three-year horizon
- Be fundable. Tactics without identified funding sources will not be considered (Note, if your tactic is selected for consideration, you may be asked to prepare a business plan for review at the CEC).
To submit your ideas, please click on one of the goals below, choose the strategy and be sure to include:
- The strategy that your idea fits under
- The exact wording of your tactic, with metric and timeframe – e.g. Achieve 20 percent improvement by Dec. 31, 2014 or design and implement the program by Dec. 30, 2012
- A description of how this tactic would help UCSF to achieve our stated goals
- The funding source
Thank you for sharing your ideas.
GOAL 1: Provide unparalleled care to our patients
GOAL 2: Improve health through innovative science
GOAL 3: Attract and support the most talented and diverse trainees in the health sciences
GOAL 4: Be the workplace of choice for diverse, top-tier talent
GOAL 5: Create a financially sustainable enterprise-wide business model