We all know that people and places have identities, but too often we forget that UCSF has one as well. Our brand identity is an essential element of the success and reputation of UCSF. UCSF’s Visual Identity Standards, provided on this website, are intended to unify and project our institutional reputation.
Whatever your department or affiliation, we are all part of UCSF, and we all benefit from presenting a clear and consistent graphic association to UCSF. For that reason, UCSF identity's system has only one official UCSF logo that champions the University's name and reflects its stature. No other combinations of the UCSF logo or unique logos outside of our brand system are permitted.
We appreciate your compliance with the graphic identity system. We hope that through consistent application and a coherent communications approach that UCSF's identity will resonate with our desired target audiences. This approach is key to raising the awareness and visibility of UCSF as a whole.
Questions relating to these standards can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UCSF Visual Identity Standards
Updated April 2014
Don’t need the whole thing? Download individual sections here.
- Welcome and Introduction [PDF, 1.7 MB]
- The UCSF Signature [PDF, 544 KB]
- The UCSF Tagline [PDF, 3.8 MB]
- Typography [PDF, 268 KB]
- Color Palette [PDF, 168 KB]
- Related Identities [PDF, 3.91 MB]
- Business System [PDF, 1.6 MB]
- Layout Formats [PDF, 500 KB]
- Identity Application [PDF, 5.0 MB]
- Web Identity Standards [PDF, 1.1 MB]
- Web Identity Application [PDF, 1 MB]
- Electronic Communications [PDF, 72 KB]
- Frequently Asked Questions [PDF, 36 KB]
UCSF Editorial Style Guide
UCSF Public Affairs
Download PDF [152 KB]
Related Identity Standards
UCSF Medical Center Visual Identity Standards
UCSF Medical Center Marketing
UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center Visual Identity Standards