What campus events are open to the public?
A broad range of events are open to the local community including:
UCSF Mini Medical School—Offers health and medical courses, with lectures by UCSF faculty, who provide a behind-the-scenes glimpse into UCSF’s classrooms and research.
Farmer’s Market— Fresh, seasonal, and local produce sold at weekly farmers’ markets, at both the Parnassus and Mission Bay campuses.
Chancellor’s Concert Series—Performances by professional and semi-professional musicians, dedicated to favorite works by classical composers.
Can I use University facilities?
Many UCSF facilities are open to the public, including:
- Conference centers at Parnassus and Mission Bay—available for everything from meetings to birthday celebrations.
- Millberry Fitness & Recreation Center at Parnassus and Bakar Fitness & Recreation Center at Mission Bay—offering fitness equipment, swimming pools, and classes.
- Outdoor Programs, from hiking to indoor rock climbing.
- University Stores, selling medical books, software, and more.
- UCSF Library, comprising a vast collection of medical books, journals, and other materials.
- Retail vendors on campus, including restaurants and cafes, drug stores, and floral and gift shops.
Are subsidies available for conference center facility use?
We co-sponsor the use of UCSF conference facilities for San Francisco nonprofit organizations at our Laurel Heights, Parnassus Heights, and Mission Bay campuses. These subsidies offer local nonprofit groups access to our facilities for meetings, receptions, conferences, retreats, and other events. Annual subsidies are limited and are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Please see the instructions on how to apply for a subsidy.
How do I apply for a job at the University?
Contact UCSF Human Resources.
Can I advertise or sell goods and services on University grounds?
Can the public buy surplus campus property?
The UCSF Material Management Department has a warehouse from which you can purchase surplus property. Check the UCSF Equipment Donation Protocol.