- Dietary Restraint and Telomere Length in Pre- and Postmenopausal Women
- Kiefer, A, Lin, J, Blackburn, E, and Epel, E.
Psychosomatic Medicine. Psychosom Med. 2008 70 (8):845-9.
PMID: 18923062 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Pessimism correlates with leukocyte telomere shortness and elevated interleukin-6 in post-menopausal women
- O’Donovan, A., Lin, J., Wolkowitz, O., Dhabhar, F.S., Tillie, J.M., Blackburn, E., and Epel, E.
Brain Behav Immun. 23(4):446-449.
PMID: 19111922 [PubMed - in process]
- Cdk1-dependent phosphorylation of Cdc13 coordinates telomere elongation during cell-cycle progression
- Li, S, Makovets, S, Matsuguchi, T, Blethrow, JD, Shokat, KM, and E.H. Blackburn.
Cell. 136: 50-61 (2009)
- Increased telomerase activity and comprehensive lifestyle changes: a pilot study (PDF)
- Lancet Oncology, 2008
- Accelerated telomere shortening in response to life stress
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), 2004
- Rapid inhibition of cancer cell growth induced by lentiviral delivery and expression of mutant-template telomerase RNA and anti-telomerase short-interfering RNA
- Cancer Research, 2004
- A low threshold level of expression of mutant-template telomerase RNA inhibits human tumor cell proliferation
- PNAS, 2001
- Telomerase extends the lifespan of virus-transformed human cells without net telomere lengthening
- PNAS, 1999
- In vivo alteration of telomere sequences and senescence caused by mutated Tetrahymena telomerase RNAs (PDF)
- Nature, 1990
- A telomeric sequence in the RNA of Tetrahymena telomerase required for telomere repeat synthesis (PDF)
- Nature, 1989
- Identification of a specific telomere terminal transferase activity in Tetrahymena extracts
- Cell, 1985
- A Tandemly Repeated Sequence at the Termini of the Extrachromosmal Ribosomal RNA Genes in Tetrahymena (PDF)
- Journal of Molecular Biology, 1978
At UC San Francisco, we are driven by the idea that when the best research, the best teaching and the best patient care converge, we can deliver breakthroughs that help heal the world.