Skip to main content
Professor Blackburn's Research Papers
- Dietary Restraint and Telomere Length in Pre- and Postmenopausal Women
- Kiefer, A, Lin, J, Blackburn, E, and Epel, E.
Psychosomatic Medicine. Psychosom Med. 2008 70 (8):845-9.
PMID: 18923062 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Pessimism correlates with leukocyte telomere shortness and elevated interleukin-6 in post-menopausal women
- O’Donovan, A., Lin, J., Wolkowitz, O., Dhabhar, F.S., Tillie, J.M., Blackburn, E., and Epel, E.
Brain Behav Immun. 23(4):446-449.
PMID: 19111922 [PubMed - in process]
- Cdk1-dependent phosphorylation of Cdc13 coordinates telomere elongation during cell-cycle progression
- Li, S, Makovets, S, Matsuguchi, T, Blethrow, JD, Shokat, KM, and E.H. Blackburn.
Cell. 136: 50-61 (2009)
- Increased telomerase activity and comprehensive lifestyle changes: a pilot study (PDF)
- Lancet Oncology, 2008
- Accelerated telomere shortening in response to life stress
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), 2004
- Rapid inhibition of cancer cell growth induced by lentiviral delivery and expression of mutant-template telomerase RNA and anti-telomerase short-interfering RNA
- Cancer Research, 2004
- A low threshold level of expression of mutant-template telomerase RNA inhibits human tumor cell proliferation
- PNAS, 2001
- Telomerase extends the lifespan of virus-transformed human cells without net telomere lengthening
- PNAS, 1999
- In vivo alteration of telomere sequences and senescence caused by mutated Tetrahymena telomerase RNAs (PDF)
- Nature, 1990
- A telomeric sequence in the RNA of Tetrahymena telomerase required for telomere repeat synthesis (PDF)
- Nature, 1989
- Identification of a specific telomere terminal transferase activity in Tetrahymena extracts
- Cell, 1985
- A Tandemly Repeated Sequence at the Termini of the Extrachromosmal Ribosomal RNA Genes in Tetrahymena (PDF)
- Journal of Molecular Biology, 1978